LEAN POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME DIET
Health of the individual is determined by various factors. The primary factor and most important among them is the diet that you include in your daily life. To stay hale and healthy, we need to have a balanced as well as nourished diet. Human body requires various essential vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals to do the needful.
One must consume all the required minerals, vitamins and proteins to carry out the metabolic and the physical functions of the body.
In Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, the diet and the life style of the patient play an important role. Once the patient is diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, the first line of treatment is dietary changes and life style modifications. In Lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, the procedure of treatment followed is almost same as that of the typical Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome patients are treated.
In typical Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, weight loss is the first step in initiating treatment. In lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, the weight of the patient is already lean. The body weight is less than the required BMI. Thus, weight loss is not considered as the treatment option for Lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.
However, the following things are recommended to the patients with Lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome:
- Have a breakfast like a king: women or young girls usually miss the breakfast. They add the first meal of the day in the afternoon. This is the unhealthiest habit of the patients suffering with Lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. So consider to have the first meal of the day. Include fresh fruit in the breakfast along with idli, dosa, wada or utappam. Add dry fruits to your early morning diet. Before having the breakfast, drink two glasses of water on empty stomach. The endotoxins accumulated in the body over night, tends to flush out after drinking on empty stomach.
- High tea time: avoid consuming tea or coffee. Take fresh fruit juices or fresh vegetable juice in between the meals. Apple juice, pomegranate juice, banana shake, beetroot juice, carrot juice may be helpful to improve your health.
- In the lunch time, consume chapatti, rice and dals with green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin D containing foods are very essential in patients with lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome or take a supplement of vitamin D. Expose your body to the early morning sunlight to gain vitamin D naturally.
- Lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome leads to the development of insulin resistant and facial hair development that is called as hirsutism. To curb this disease, use omega-3-fatty acids. It is found in nuts, avocado, almonds. Consume cold water fish like salmon, tuna fish, trout, etc.
- Consider to include inositol in the diet as it helps to improve the fertility rate and corrects the menstrual cycle disorders.
- For patients with lean Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, dairy products should not be included in the diet. It may cause bloating and flatulence.
- Add on salads, beans, legumes and sprouts in your diet to increase the intake of proteins.