How to deal with PCOS for a successful Pregnancy-
PCOS with pregnancy is the most challenging to treat. Moreover, there is a requirement of utmost care, patience, and effective Ayurvedic treatment.
Pregnancy is the most beautiful phase in the life of a woman. Pregnancy is accompanied by various physical and mental changes a woman has to go through her life. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) affects around 5 to 15% of women in her reproductive age. Furthermore, it is associated with a high risk of miscarriages, gestational diabetes mellitus, preeclampsia, premature birth, etc.
PCOS is a condition where a woman develops various small cysts in her ovaries. A PCOS woman has to experience fertility issues and it is not easy to become pregnant with PCOS. The Androgen level in PCOS women is high enough and thus it interferes with the development of eggs along with the regular release of the eggs. A healthy egg is not released in PCOS women and thus the chances to become pregnant declines. However, PCOS further relates to irregular periods or absence of periods.
PCOS with pregnancy
Let us look at the following symptoms of PCOS that might hamper your pregnancy in future –
You might experience certain changes in your menstrual cycle or delay in your menses
After trying multiple attempts of unprotected sexual intercourse, you fail to become pregnant
You might see excessive hair growth, especially on your face, chest, back, or buttocks. However, it is popularly known as Hirsutism.
You might see a major hair loss from your head along with thinning of hair. Also, it is accompanied by male pattern hair loss and the hair on the scalp gets thinner and falls out.
Oily skin or acne-prone skin due to secretion of the male hormone.
Excessive weight gain or obesity.
Hormonal changes can trigger headaches
Certain diet plan and other lifestyle changes for a successful pregnancy –
Try to include more natural and unprocessed foods
- High-fiber food is a must for PCOS women
- Fishes which are fatty in nature like mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardines must be included in the diet for at least two times in a week
- Kale, spinach with other dark leafy vegetables must be included to increase the nutrient level.
- Dark red and blue fruits like red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and cherries help to increase the fertility rate.
- Broccoli along with cauliflower is very effective to increase the chances of easy conception.
- Dried beans, lentils, and other legumes help to regulate the hormonal imbalance
- Include healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, coconuts, etc
- Dry fruits which include almonds, walnuts, cashews and pistachios
- Dark chocolate in moderation
- Spices such as turmeric and cinnamon to reduce the inflammation in the body
Other lifestyle changes that will support PCOS with Pregnancy: –
Lifestyle is a major factor through which women can manage their PCOS problem. Moreover, a good PCOS diet and adequate exercise will lead to the following benefits.
- Weight loss
- Improved insulin metabolism
- Regular periods
- Lower levels of male hormones and male-pattern hair growth
- Lower cholesterol levels